SERVES 2 : EASY
PREP TIME : 3-5 minutes
COOKING TIME : 4-6 MINUTES
DOSHIC EFFECT + AGGRAVATES - BALANCES
- Vata - Pitta - Kapha
1 litre of filtered water
1cup natural yoghurt
1 tsp of lassi spice mix
pinch of salt
ROASTED LASSI SPICE MIX
2 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp ajwain seeds
1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
First, prepare the roasted spice mix:
Heat a heavy skillet on medium to low heat.
Place all the spices in the skillet and cook on low heat for about 5-10 minutes. You want to slowly roast the spices until you can smell the aroma of them, this is the sign that they are complete.
Turn off the heat, place in a bowl and let it cool completely.
Grind up the spices into a course powder consistency in either a spice blender ormortal & pestel.
Store in an airtight glass jar.
NOTE: This spice mix can be stored up until 2-3 years or until consumed :)
PREPARING THE LASSI:
1. In a blender add all the ingredients and blend well
2. Can garnish with fresh coriander.
3. Take Lassi during lunch time when eating food. Can also be taken in the afternoon instead of a snack.
RATIO : 1 part yoghurt - 10 parts water
BENEFITS OF LASSI:
- Balancing to all constitutions
- Improves digestion and agni
- Full of calcium, protein, carbohydrate and Vitamin A and B
- Reduces acidity in the stomach